Obtaining a License
To obtain a new licences of foreign employment make a request in-writing to the licensing division of SLBFE with the national identity card of the applicant.
· You have to face an interview
· Licence application form fee- Rs.5000/=
Consequently you shall have an office which
• Is situated in an easily accessible place where public transport is available
• Have a floor area of at least 500 square feet
• Have telephones with IDD facilities, fax, computers, databases, type writers, photocopiers & trade testing facilities
you shall submit the following documents:
• Business Registration Certificate or certified copy of Form 48 & Articles and Memorandums (If registered under the companies act)
• Layout plan of the office and the lease agreement or deed of the premises
• Affidavits regarding citizenship of the partners of the business / company
• Two recent testimonials in support of the character and reputability of the person who is in charge of the foreign employment agency. One of these should be from the local Gramasevaka Niladhari of the area where he resides confirming that the person who is applying for the license has been living in that area
• A bank guarantee of a sum of Rs.750,000/- from a commercial bank issued on behalf of you or your agency
• New Licence fee- Rupees Two hundred and thousand(Rs.200,000/= excluding NBT+ VAT)
• You should also furnish the following documents of yourself and the other partners or Directors of the agency:
- Birth Certificate(s)
- Personal bio-data(s)
- Photocopies of their National Identity Card(s) or Passport
- Police clearance reports from the nearest police station
- A passport sized photograph of the officer in charge of the agency
After the above documents have been submitted, a team from the SLBFE would visit and inspect the premises and check the authenticity of the documents before granting them the approval for the license.
The license which you have obtained would be valid only for a period of one year from the date of issue.
Renewing a License
You can renew your agency license by submitting the completed application form available at the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE).
You must remember to submit the renewal application 30 days before the license expires and the SLBFE would then evaluate your past performances, inspect your office, equipment, records, extended bank guarantee and grant approval for the renewal of the license.
If you wish to shift your recruiting agency to a new location, you should obtain the approval of the License Division of the SLBFE by submitting and application along with the following documents: