If you have found employment through a local agent, it is highly imperative that you check on the following.
· Is your agent licensed under the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE)?
· Is the license valid till the time of recruitment?
· Has the agent obtained the necessary approvals from the SLBFE?
· Is the First Approval valid till the time of recruitment?
If the above conditions are fulfilled, you can handover the passport and necessary documents as specified by the agent. The passport should be valid for a period of at least two years from the intended date of registration. Thereafter, you must pay the registration fee specified by the SLBFE. This however, does not include the administration cost of agents.
If you are migrating to a Middle Eastern country;
You must only pay the registration fee specified by the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment
· Your agent must obtain the necessary approvals from the SLBFE and hand over the following documents to you
§ The passport endorsed with the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment
§ registration stamp
§ Valid visa
§ Air ticket
§ Job Agreement
§ Customer copy of the bank slip
§ Insurance certificate