Given below are some important facts that you must remember while you are working abroad.
If you face a problem;
- You can contact the Sri Lankan Embassy or Consulate of that country
- Ask a relative or friend to make a complaint in the Conciliation Division, Foreign Relations Division or Sociologist Division of the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE)
- If you happen to have some leisure time, you can spend it in a useful manner by working with a self–help group in that country
- You must remember to protect your self against sexually transmitted disease like HIV / AIDS
- On completion of contract, you will be able to purchase things from your earnings and bring them back home
- Maintain your NRFC account, which would give you more loan facilities
You must also remember to inform the authorities mentioned above if you have any problem with the non-payment of salary or if your sponsor had violated your contract while you are working abroad.